Wednesday 26 September 2012

Drowning my Sorrows


I reached for the table but it slipped away. Elbowing the chrome chair didn’t work either, I tried to get a grip and it scraped away from me.  I sat on the kitchen floor and laughed. I laughed until tears ran down my face, I laughed until I hurt and watched the drips pool as one. I dipped my finger in, spread it into a smiley face.
  I crawled like a baby into the sitting room and tugged myself onto the sofa. What would the neighbours say if they could see me? Who gives a stuff what the neighbours think.  The idea of my big fat arse wiggling along the floor made me laugh some more, but not so heartily. Was that my blood? I licked my finger, I must have cut myself. I don’t remember. I don’t want to. Not now, I was enjoying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment